When am I eligible?
You may be eligible for benefits if you have completed the applicable waiting periods and work
30 or more hours per week.
How long do I have to wait to enroll?
Salaried employees are eligible to enroll on the 30th day of continuous employment.
Hourly employees are eligible to enroll on the 90th day of continuous employment.
An eligible dependent is defined as:
- Your legal spouse or partner from your civil union.
- Your domestic partner if they are not eligible for coverage through their employer. (A Declaration of Domestic Partnership form must be completed).
- Your natural or adopted children, or stepchildren (if residing with you) who are eligible through the month in which they reach age 26.
- Your disabled children, if the disability occurred prior to age 26.
- Your court ordered children.
- The children of your eligible enrolled domestic partner.
- You will need to provide proof of eligible dependent status (such as a marriage or birth certificate) as well as social security numbers for any dependents you enroll.
Are there specific enrollment periods?
If you are a newly hired or newly eligible employee, you must make and submit benefit elections within 14
days of your effective coverage date. If you miss your initial eligibility period you will receive only dental,
basic life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance coverage until the next Open Enrollment period.
Carylon Corporation pays for these benefits and you are automatically enrolled.
How can I gain access to my Benefits Information?
We offer a one-stop shop for your employee benefits information through a Benefits Portal. This portal
offers 24/7 access to all your benefit plan details and includes: